Waking the Shadows
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A fantasy land hidden from the outside world, the races of Olair are protected by a group of elite warriors known as the Shadow Watchers. But evil grows close.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Word count submissions close Sunday night...
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Keywords
Latest topics
» Return of Evil: Travel to the Necromancer's fortress (Arc Thread)
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:51 am by Nyx Dracul

» Castlevania
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 3:28 am by Saya Weiss

» Suggestions to the Admins
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 3:18 am by Nyx Dracul

» Arc Point Spending
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 3:37 am by Saya Weiss

» Arc Point System
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:50 am by Saya Weiss

» Unique Abilities Apps
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyTue Jul 22, 2014 2:37 am by Saya Weiss

» Joanne Riesse
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 10:20 pm by President Boom

» Ethreal Earth App
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:16 pm by President Boom

» Great Ventus Shield
Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptySun Jul 20, 2014 11:15 pm by President Boom

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
Top posting users this month
No user
Affiliates

Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
President Boom
Admin
President Boom

Fame : 0

Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial Empty
PostSubject: Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial   Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 5:34 am

Just outside the Werewolf village, and in a place surrounded by a luscious forest of green pines where great mysteries hold to the Werewolf tribe. Joanne strolled alone along a path covered in thickening fog that seemingly remained still in place, not even disturbed by the Supreme Alpha's walking. She exhaled as her head tilted back to view the sky, but that was utterly useless as the trees had grown to block out all view of the blue beauty above. "Phew, this place has gotten pretty dark since the last time I came," she said to herself before looking back to the trail. It's been a little bit since she left the village and Saya behind, but that didn't truly matter at the moment.

It was a little later when Joanne finally stopped short in her tracks behind a tree that swayed somewhat. Something ahead was amiss to the naked eye, and totally bizarre to newcomers. This place, it was unnaturally lit for some reasons that few could possibly understand. But before looking into those theories, it was a bit mystifying to know of what the current area looked like. A great rounding of trees, about half a mile in diameter and clustered to the point of no real entrances, remained in wake. Inside that diameter was a pool, or rather a lake, of bottomless fog centered before Joanne. Bottomless, not quite, for there was a bottom some feet below. In fact, the alpha stood right at the drop off where the once demised were laid to rest. The sky above was now tinted red, as was the fog and scenery all around. A place so sacred could not be recognized from back at the village, or anywhere else for that matter. It gave the true appearance of a memorial, in her eyes and opinion.

Joanne took a seat on a nearby boulder and let out a sigh. There was no sign of him yet, but she did know that he'd be coming fairly soon. At least, she hoped he would before it was time to depart for that certain place. She did, however, speak something to try to call in this someone, "Aragorn..."

wc: 291
ooc- Werewolves only, please
Back to top Go down
President Boom
Admin
President Boom

PostSubject: Re: Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial   Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 12:19 am

After a little while of waiting, it became quite apparent that Aragorn was not coming. Understandable, considering his latest dilemma. Perhaps there will be another time when he will accompany her to something of such significance, but that may just be in the late future when she was out of her current position. "Well, friend, I do hope you catch up soon," Joanne said quietly before standing back up from where she once sat, and she inched towards the fogbound abyss carefully. Kneeling down to the edge, Joanne reached down to locate the first step of the staircase leading to where she needed to go. And there it was like it had always been. "The time has come to obtain the key to a great legend."

Joanne descended down the abyss, the fog gradually consuming her very being with each step until there was nothing left of her on the surface. The farther she traveled downward into this memorial of a place, the closer she got to the target item below. It was only a matter of time until she got there to claim a mighty power. "Saya, I know you are aiming for the same thing. I probably should have seen it much sooner than this. Oh well. It's not like I really care for it. You being my friend, I shouldn't be focused on your goals. I will only work for mine." Her voice remained in a calm whisper as she continued on, passing many dimly lit lanterns along the way. Almost there.

wc: 204
Grave Retripution: 495/1500
Back to top Go down
President Boom
Admin
President Boom

PostSubject: Re: Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial   Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 5:19 pm

It was about five minutes of walking since Joanne last saw the sky above, everything below the fog was darkened and slightly lit by lanterns of aging features. Her footsteps were paced and steady as she descended the seemingly endless stairs, not ready to stop just yet. Several flights and spirals and skipped steps later, she was finally at the bottom. Joanne stretched her arms out and glanced around curiously, "My fallen friends...Soon you will be allowed to rise again for the good. I come here today for that purpose and that purpose only. Just wait a little longer, okay?" The supreme alpha walked past few notable gravestones of recognized werewolf warriors and she proceeded to enter through an ancient entryway gate.

The path that she followed was cracked and covered by some type of moss in some places, but it was of no real importance to her. Perhaps the only thing that had any significance in this place was the occasional passing of several skeletal corpses laid to rest in slots along the walls. A fittingly intimidating location this truly was. Carefully and cautiously, Joanne walked on in hopes of finally coming to meet what she was looking for. Onward, ever onward, Joanne trudged through the path to an open and vegetative landscape underneath the prairie above. Light shined in from the outside world, allowing for a decent view of the many streams before her. It was so very beautiful, especially at this time of the day.

Joanne stepped over to the edge of this underground canyon and gazed down to see the bottom level. There it was. The source of legends accessible by her kind. "For so long, I have been waiting for this opportunity. This time the power will go into the rightful hands of the werewolves. I will see to it that it goes our way," she said quietly, jumping down to another ledge below and repeated that same action to get to the last ledge. The alpha wolf continued along a narrow path winding around to a small clearing. Just one more little jump until she would be getting to that desired thing. With a running start, Joanne leaped across a wide and deep drop and landed on the other side of the canyon gracefully.

Ahead was a tombstone of a former relative who once vanquished an old threat to the village. That man was her grandfather, the person she loved always with a sincere heart. Joanne stopped in front of his grave and kneeled down respectfully. Her voice was in a humble tone as she spoke, "Oh, Grandfather. I am sorry for coming here with these intentions of mine, but I must in order to preserve the peace in Olair. And to do that, your tomb must be trespassed for our sake. To retrieve the legendary power of the Grave Retripution before it falls into the wrong hands and disappears forever. I apologize again, Grandfather." She stood up once more and placed a hand on each side of the tomb's lid, using as much strength as she could to lift it off. It was quite heavy, but she managed to slide it off. "Phew...There it is. One of the keys to disposing of our greatest threat as of now. But, I still have quite a bit to do before I can have that power." Joanne took a few steps away from her relative's tomb and sat down with her legs crossed. Her head was bowed in prayer as she muttered the words of an ancient tongue. This went on for a few minutes and finally ended when a stronger, yet gentle, ray of sunlight shined down upon her and the grave of her grandfather.

Opening her eyes to see this magnificent occurrence, Joanne watched as a worn down and old book rose from the stone boxing. The book of destruction.

wc: 519
Grave Retripution: 1014/1500
Back to top Go down
President Boom
Admin
President Boom

PostSubject: Re: Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial   Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial EmptyThu Jul 10, 2014 7:33 pm

Before her very eyes was a book native to the werewolf tribe. Never has it been outside this prairie of wondrous artifacts. Joanne stood and held out her arms, her head tilted back for her to stare up to the heavens. "Never will this be put to waste. I will make sure that this does not fall into the wrongful hands of those holding villainous intent. Olair and all its inhabitants will see the peace we need...until it be broken once more," she said, and took the book into her hands to read through for the needed ability. The pages looked somewhat burnt around the edges for some reason unknown to her. "Humph. Who was the one who had their hands all over this book before me? I never thought that so little care would be given to something as ancient as this." Joanne sighed and put a palm against one of the pages. "Perhaps a librarian should be hired to take care of these things. It would be the most necessary thing yet in this time. Now then, it is time to wrap up my time here."

A couple pages flipped and a strange picture appeared on the right page. On the left was a description of this mysterious finding. Joanne skimmed through with her finger brushing along the written words. "The Grave Retripution, a mighty and legendary ability known in the lands of Olair. I see, so it summons the bones of the dead to form one creature of unbelievable power...depending on the wielder. Hm, I'm sure my strength alone with this can prove to be quite formidable. Same would go for Saya, which must be..." She paused a moment and moved a strand of hair from her face. "Oh. Well, friend, I truly do understand you now. Maybe we shall see who really has it best. Until then. Let's try this out, with a small creature first."

Joanne moved away from the tomb and sat on a small pillar of stone bricks facing that very tombstone. Her hand raised and a short chant was spoken with a faint echo, "Bones of the dead, spirit of the living, come into one and do my bidding. With the form of a man, stand before me." Purple-ish white aura enveloped Joanne's raised hand and flowed into the tomb of her grandfather. The command she had spoken lingered in the air around her in a whisper, resulting in a small tremor to trigger until the very bones of that deceased man rose into the air and formed into the desired creature in front of her. "Marvelous indeed. And now, I am ready."

Joanne stood up and let out a sigh, "Well, then. I believe I have an appointment with a good friend. Probably shouldn't keep her waiting anymore than I have already. Hm, and I still need Aragorn." As she proceeded to leave the memorial, Joanne tapped her chin while in thought. It's been a while since she last saw Aragorn. Hopefully he was doing well during these hard times. Visiting him later on would be something to look forward to. Well, catching up with a loyal warrior, it would only be a good thing.

Outside of the memorial now, Joanne let out a yawn and stretched a little bit. "Okay! Now I can meet up with Saya at the site to conduct that investigation. I'm sure she must be tired of waiting for me," she said cheerfully, and quickly began to jog back to the village. The wind was cold and refreshing as she sprinted through the foggy woods. 'I wonder, was this really what she was looking for? Perhaps it is, but I'm the one who has it as of now. Maybe we should be keeping an eye out for her.'

wc: 494
Grave Retripution: 1508/1500 (achieved)
ooc- left thread (thread closed)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial   Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial Empty

Back to top Go down

Disquiet in the Wolves' Memorial
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Waking the Shadows :: Lands of Olair :: Wild Prairie-
Jump to: